Motocross Me Review

24956794Title: Motocross Me
Author: Cheyanne Young
Source: Kindle Unlimited 
When Hana Fisher moves to the small town of Mixon, Texas to live with her dad, she dreads having to work at the boring pile of dirt he fondly calls a motocross track. But when she gets there, she finds the rinky-dink dirt bike track from her childhood has grown into the most respected racing track in the state.

Now popular by association, Hana endures the pain and sweat of working in the summer heat in order to fit in with a sport she’s growing to love. She gets a real family, a best friend and not just one, but two of the fastest racers trying to win her heart.

When Hana abuses her status as the track owner’s daughter to help the gorgeous Ryan Russo cheat in the biggest race of the year, she risks more than just losing her job. Every good thing in her life is at stake now- her friends, her dad’s trust, and Ash Carter- the kind-hearted racer who may not be as alluring as Ryan, but is proof that nice guys don’t always finish last.





Motocross me is about a teenage girl named Hana. At the beginning of the book we find her leaving her mother’s house in a rage and storming off to her father’s house. A father that she hasn’t seen in years and has a family of his own. After deciding she is going to live with him she gets put to work at the family motocross track. On her first day she meets Ryan and falls head over heels for him in about two seconds. Later that day she meets Ash. As the story progresses you find out that Ryan and Ash hate each other. Ryan is a rich boy and Ash is the hometown hero with a heart of gold. They are both racing in the big race and the winner not only wins a trophy, but wins Hana’s heart as well.

The idea of this story is what drew me in. I haven’t read any books that centered around motocross and ever since that Disney movie that came out when I was a kid, I have always loved the sport. So when I saw this on Kindle Unlimited I grabbed it without even looking at the reviews. It isn’t all bad, though. Ash’s character, in my opinion, is well done. It is an original idea and you can tell she put a lot of thought into writing it.

Sadly, that is as far as my “likes” go for this book. It felt as if I were reading a draft of this novel. It didn’t appear to be proof read, because there were many noticeable mistakes. It was very choppy and at times I didn’t know who was in the scene until they had a random line that didn’t do anything for the story. Her brother’s age changed a couple of times in the story. I also felt that Hana was very annoying and complained a lot. She was also a mean girl and I couldn’t understand why these two girls were head over heels for her. Ryan’s character was very clichĆ© and too much overdone. She attempted at giving him another side, but it fell flat.

Overall, I didn’t care for this book at all. I did finish it, because it held my interest long enough to want to know how it ended. I don’t think I would recommend this book to anyone seeing as it doesn’t read like a finish product. I don’t really care what happens to the characters, so I will not be reading on with this story.



No comments