Archie Volume 2 Review


https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51WjNqcD09L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgTitle: Archie Vol. 2
Author: Mark Waid
Publisher: Archie Comics
Format: Ebook
Publication Date: December 20th, 20121th, 2016
The all-new ARCHIE adventure continues! Superstar writer Mark Waid teams up with the best and brightest artists in comics to bring a modern take to the legendary Riverdale cast of characters. The book will captures the bite and hilarious edge of Archie's original tales in a modern, forward-looking manner, while still retaining the character's all-ages appeal. If classic Archie is a Saturday morning cartoon, this new series is prime time!

  



 You can find my review for Volume 1 HERE.

I don't want to spoil anything, so I am skipping the description for this review. If you would like to hear about this series and haven't started, just click that link above and it will take you to my first review.

I actually read these as individual issues. Archie Comics was a staple going up and I am sure all of you know this isn't the only remake. The CW came out with a TV show called Riverdale and I will be making a post comparing this to the TV show at the end of the season. I really did love the characters in this book. Archie is hilariously clumsy, as always and Veronica is spot on. The graphics through the first half were gorgeous. As I said in my previous review, I loved when Fiona Staples did half of Volume 1. I think Veronica Fish might have read other people say this, because she really stepped up her game for Volume 2. Though I still prefer Fiona Staples's Archie, I prefer Veronica Fish's Betty and Veronica better.

That brings me to the only problem I had with this. They changed the illustrator three different times in this. And they got steadily worse. I almost didn't read the last issue, because I really didn't like how it was drawn. Now, that isn't because it wasn't good, it was just because it wasn't the characters I had been seeing. And Jughead was barely present in this book. I know I complained about him not staying true to character in Volume 1, but he was in this one for like two pages.

Overall I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. It would have been a 5 star if they had stayed with one illustrator, but I just can't.


Mark Waid

Find Mark Waid online:
Buy Archie Volume 2 online:
Goodreads | Barnes & NobelAmazon


No comments