Below is a list of goals I have for my reading and my blog this year.
- Read 75 books this year - Now this one is a big one for me. I only read 18 books in 2016 and only 50 the year before that. But I have so many books I want to read this year and so many good ones coming out, I think I can do this.
- Read at least one classic this year - I see this on everyones goals list, but the truth is, besides Harry Potter and what was mandatory in school, I have never read a classic. I have tried, but not ever finished one. I am not even sure which one I am going to read, but I am going to try to get this one done early in the year.
- Read one non-fiction a month - I am really bad about this one as well. My shelves are filled with fiction, mostly YA, and writing books. I don't read a lot of non-fiction and I would really like to change that.
- Read at least 5 books with 500+ pages - This one is one that needs to be on here. I have a few on my shelve that I have simply put off because they are so big. Like Heavenly Fire or Lady Midnight.
- Finish up at least 5 already started series - I will be doing another blog post about this later this week, but I have A LOT of unfinished series. I really hope I finish more than 5, because most of them I have just put off the last book. Weather it be too long (like I said above with the Mortal Instruments series) or I just don't want it to end, it needs to be finished.
- Review at least one book a week - I would really like to do 2, but I do have an intern position at patchwork press and I am currently doing a proof reading project, with the hopes to do more. So the time probably won't be there to do 2, but at least 1!
- Back into memes - I love to Top Ten Tuesdays and Waiting on Wednesdays. But there for awhile it was all I was doing, without any reviews, and it felt like a cop out, so I stopped. So with the reviews back, I do plan on getting the memes back as well.
- Get to 1,000 followers - This was a goal back when I first started this blog and I am a little over 500 now. So that is great, but I would really like to gain more and connect with more people.
- Comment on at least 5 reviews on different pages a week - I am REALLY bad at this. I read reviews on other pages all the time, but rarely do I ever comment. And as a blogger I know that we love comments! Chalk it up to me being a shy introverted person or whatever, it needs to stop. I want to connect with my fellow bloggers more.
- Connect with more authors - This one isn't mainly for my blog, but it does relate in a way. I am an aspiring writer and I would like to connect with others that have actually done what I am trying to do. So, with that, hopefully, I will get more author interviews and maybe some guests posts and things like that!
Well, there you have it. Now I have a ton more life goals that just don't relate to this blog that I have, but that is what is in my 2017 reading and blog columns.
If you did a similar post please link it below. I would love to read some other goal posts!