Waiting on Wednesday #1


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Rival
Author:Penelope Douglas
Publication Date: August 26th, 2014

Madoc and Fallon. Two estranged teenagers playing games that push the boundaries between love and war…

She’s back.

For the two years she’s been away at boarding school, there was no word from her. Back when we lived in the same house, she used to cut me down during the day and then leave her door open for me at night.

I was stupid then, but now I’m ready to beat her at her own game…

I’m back.

Two years and I can tell he still wants me, even if he acts like he’s better than me.

But I won’t be scared away. Or pushed down. I’ll call his bluff and fight back. That’s what he wants, right? As long as I keep my guard up, he’ll never know how much he affects me…



This is book 2 in the Fall Away series. It is like a companion novel to Bully. I know my review of Bully wasn't that great, but like I said in that review, I loved Madoc! And this is Madoc's book! And i didn't have anything against Douglas's writing style, so I am super excited for this one.

This one, like the first one, is a New Adult book. It is for 18 and older.

9 comments

  1. This one sounds really good and sometimes we like certain characters from the previous book who just captured our hearts. Excellent pick. New follower via bloglovin.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madoc was definitely a heart catcher. I just hope she keeps him that way! Thank you so much for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a good one. I like the cover and blurb. Gonna keep my eye out for this.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series, but the premise does sound really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book, Bully, was her debut novel, so not a lot of people have heard of it. I found it by chance. I am glad I got to introduce it to more people. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I wasn't a huge fan of Bully, either, but this one sounds awesome!! I'm definitely making this one down on my TBR!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this a couple of times now and it sounds really good! You're the first person to mention that it was a companion to Bully and that makes me want to read it even more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete