Top Ten Tuesday

Ten Authors To Take To The Beach
Meme Hosted By: The Broke and Bookish

1. Sophie Kinsella
1358844
All Sophie Kinsella books that I have read have been quick and light. They are the perfect summer reads that leave you feeling giddy. 



2.  Jenny Han
5821978
Jenny Han has written a lot of different books and I have read them all. All of them would make great beach reads.


3. SUMMER Series by Katherine Applegate
2135550
Not an author, I know, but a series. I couldn't make a beach read list without these books.


4. Sarah Dessen
 Just Listen
Books by Sarah Dessen just scream beach read. They are quick and usually leave you feeling like you grew up in a matter of hours. 


5. Amanda Hocking
10586539
Amanda Hocking is one of my all time favorite authors. Though I would suggest taking the Kanin Chronicles with you to the beach, all of her other books are great. Especially The Watersong series.


6.  Colleen Hoover
17788401 
Normally I would recommend a NA book for the beach, but Colleen Hoover's books aren't your typical NA books.


7. Ann Brashares
5456
I read these books every summer of my childhood. It wouldn't be a summery list without them.



8.  Huntley Fitzpatrick 
12294652
Though I haven't read all of her books, I do like this one. It is a great romance and great for summer.


9. Nicholas Sparks
The Last Song
Some might not agree with me on this one. His books do tend to leave you crying, but they are still a great read. Usually during the summer, I can think of at least 2 that took place on a beach plus one more that took place near the water.


10. Anna Banks
 12425532
Anna Banks writes really great books. All of the ones that are out now are summery books and the series pictured above would do great to take to the beach. They are short and they take place on a beach or in the water.

7 comments

  1. Oooo nice choices. I LOVED Ugly Love, and you are so right, it isn't a normal NA read.
    Everyone needs a good bookish cry every so often, so I agree with The Last Song being on your list, plus most of it takes place on a beach! It's not just about the tears though, there's love and forgiveness too. It really is a beautiful story.
    I need to read more Sarah Dessen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! Lots of new to me ones here! I used to read Sarah Dessen wayyy wayyyy long ago! I've read Amanda Hocking and I love Anna Banks!! Forgot about her mermaid series and how beach perfect it would be!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The Summer I Turned Pretty series but I love Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've Loved Before series. I might have to read it this summer :D.

    Also, yay for Ann Brashares! I have her on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great List!! I think every Sarah Dessen book is great for the summer/beach!! Just Listen, is one of my favorites! :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a few of these books I want to read!
    Of the Poseidon is one of my favorites!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. there are a lot of these that I want to read, particularly Sarah Dessen's - My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Of Poseidon along with the rest of the series! It was so awesome!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete