Dancers in the Dark Review

17622924


Title: Dancers in the Dark
Author: Charlaine Harris
Layla Rue Le May is no ordinary dancer—her partner, Sean McClendon, is a three-hundred-year-old redheaded vampire. When Layla Rue acquires a stalker, she's forced to face the music…and wonder if this will finally be her last dance.
 photo add-to-goodreads-button311_zpsdinxuku8.png 

This book within the book Dead of Night. But I am going to go ahead and review it now, because I don't plan on reading the other book in this until October.


What I Liked:


It was in the Sookie Stackhouse world. The vampires in this book were the same you found in the other books in the SS series. I LOVED that.


The Writing Style. I love Harris's writing. I have been meaning to pick up her other series, because she has a beautiful way with words.


The Plot. I loved the plot of this story. Girl with a dark past gets paired up with withdrawn vampire. It was a great idea.


What I Didn't Like:


Point of Views. It is third person all the way through, but it switches between third person omniscient to third person limited. At first it is limited, only seeing either Rue's thoughts or Seans's. But then all of a sudden you know how both are feeling and what both are thinking and then you get use to that and it switches back. And there was no wearing inbetween. This really bugged me.


The Characters. The characters really weren't developed enough. I couldn't get attached to them, mainly because they didn't feel real to me. Rue was annoying, I really didn't like her. And then all of a sudden she is kissing Sean, and I am like what? How did that happen? There were nearly no clues leading up to that and no building toward it!


The Length. It was just too short. I think she would have had time to develop her characters more if she had written it longer. It was just like 129 pages as it was. The story was very rushed because of this and it just didn't work very well.


The Feeling. The feeling I got while reading this, was that she really didn't care. She didn't take the time to make sure her plot holes were filled or her characters were taken care of. It was like they asked her to write a story, she sat down, and an hour or so later handed them this.


Would I Recommend:


Sadly, no. I hate saying this about a book that takes place in a world that I loved, but I wouldn't recommend this.


No comments