Reborn Yesterday by Tessa Bailey Review


50609790. sy475 Title: Reborn Yesterday
Author: Tessa Bailey
Format: Ebook

A timeless love story with bite.
It was a night like any other for funeral home director Ginny Lynn, until the exceptionally handsome—and unfortunately deceased—young man on her embalming table sat up, opened his emerald eyes and changed the course of her life forever, making her feel quite fluttery while he was at it.
Humans aren't supposed to know Jonas Cantrell, or any vampire, exists. It's kind of a major rule. Despite his instantaneous bond with perfectly peculiar Ginny, he has no choice but to erase her memories of their one and only meeting.
That was the plan. Before a reluctant Jonas can wipe Ginny's mind clean, she reveals a secret that brings their worlds crashing together. Human and vampire. Past and present. Darkness and light. And while their love is strictly forbidden, it might be the only thing that can save them…







What I Liked:

  • The Story - It has been so long since I have read a vampire book. I guess I got burned out when I went through my twilight phase. Seemed the market was flooded with them at that time. But I didn't realize how badly I needed a vampire story until I read this.

  • The Characters - Tessa Bailey has a way with characters that is out of this world. Her character development is amazing. Is it the most well written book ever? No. But the characters make up for it. They are funny and intense. They made me feel things all the way through this book. Tucker was probably my favorite and he was just a supporting character.

  • The Twist - The final twist was fantastic. I saw it coming for a bit, or at least the person it involved, but most people probably won't. And it was still shocking when everything was put together. 

What I Didn't Like:

  • Instalove - From page one, there is instalove. It is explained later on in the book, but I did find it rather annoying at times. 

  • Jonas - I know I said I loved the characters and I do. And I did love Jonas's character. What I did love, however, is the way he treated Ginny sometimes. Like locking her in a room and telling her what she will and will not do. I get most girls find that sort of thing swoon worthy, but it pisses me off. And there were times I wished Jonas would just go walk into the sun.




Overall I gave this a 4/5. Even though I wanted to toss Jonas into the sun sometimes, I still couldn't put this book down. I was actually lucky work was so slow and I got to read this. The next book with follow another couple from this book that I can't wait to read about.










No comments